by the readers of the long established and trusted local newspapers every year since 2015

Located 4 blocks north of the Island County Courthouse

One NW Front Street

P.O. Box 1617
Washington 98239-1617
Voice 360-678-4407
Fax 360-678-5166

         Couples who cohabit without being officially married have the same issues as those who are married, including the need for a Pre-Nuptial Agreement, or similar document.


          Unmarried couples need to consider Estate Planning.

          If the relationship ends, unmarried couples face all the problems faced by divorcing couples. See Sections on Divorce, Child Custody, and Child Support.

          In the event of the death of one of the parties, a Probate may be necessary.

          Washington State has enacted legislation which helps protect unmarried couples; however, this does not erase the need for individuals to address the issues noted on this page.         

          We are happy to help unmarried couples with any problems or issues which arise.

   CALL(360) 678-4407